Friday 3 July 2015

scrap with us July challenge

 July, where has  April, May and June gone,  July, challenges,

This is for  Scrap with Us challenge.  Jody Urquhart  So here it is...The July Sketch 
I would like to see your background as any other shape but square on this one! The sketch uses a hexagon I have also created a funky ribbon banner on this one rather than your everyday type banner!
Can't wait to see what you create!

  so , here is my version, of course, the shape i started off with was not square but another shape, but it did not look  right with my photo, & so to look for something that has brown in it and this is what i came up with.   i  have started off  using red card stock as my base..
and added a brown zigzag paper. In my stash i also have some scraps, you know, one day , you will finish that layout you did 3 years ago, with  the left over papers,  well, the colours were just the right colours of my dress,  

Here I have used the patterned papers of konnichiwa, my friends will be in shock its not Kaiser. i have used  the fabric  flowers of the same  collection.   The red and green flowers are from Little Birdie Holiday Elements, i had planned to use these on my Christmas cards this year, but oh well, they looked so well together and matched my dress perfectly.
Actually the pretend lace is from a 6 inch paper pad of Kaisers, which  I haven't  got the name to. which is unusual for me, as i usually know all the names of the collections, 
The ribbons for the banner, are from the Christmas  crackers,  so i have kept  them in a little clear box, and when i require small batches of ribbon,  i can use these instead of getting out the big roll.
the title i just typed on my trusty computer and printed them out onto a4 card that i buy from the cheap shop its really nice quality card and goes though the printer without any hang ups  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment